2008年11月19日 星期三

I summarized characters and setting for Shawshank Redemption!

This weeks, I had read the Novel"Shawshank Redemption "by Stephen King, and watched DVD version. In order to prepare the presentation on 11/29, my team divided the novel to four parts by pages, I am in charge of third part (page 27~page 39). I summarized characters and setting I summarized as below:

1.Who
Tommy Williams-- a thief ,he talked Andy who killed his wife and golf pro.
Elood Blatch--a killer, he killed Andy’s wife and golf pro.
Warden Norton--a warden, he let Tommy disappear and have Andy wash
money.
Peter Stevens—a false name, no living soul, created by Andy’s friend Jim.
2.Where
Solitary--a place, prisoners were taken care of in terms of absolute black and white.
Cashman--a prison, a minimum security prison far up north in Aroostook County.
Zihuatcnejo--a place, warm all the time, Andy wish to go if he get out of prison.
Buxton--a place, there's a rock wall, Andy’s friend Jim hid key there.
Casco Bank--Jim open a deposit box there for a false name Peter Steven.
3.What
False name--Jim set up a false name for Andy before getting in prison.
Key of deposit box –Andy talked Red that Jim hid a key in Buzton, it could unlock a
deposit box of bank for big money.
After writing down characters and setting, it is easy for me to memorize key points of the novel,I will use the same skill to read other articles or novel, good way to improve writing truly.

沒有留言: